Saturday, November 7, 2009

Survivor

This last six months, even up to a year have been the most challenging in my life.
We have our wonderful little girl, and most people see her as such a delight which she is most of the time, but like most 1 or 1 1/2 year olds she has her HORRIBLE moments. Don't believe me just ask my parents or my inlaws. My mother in law made this adorable halloween quilt that Morgan absolutely loves (what kind of child loves only one blanket that she doesnt sleep with) and my mother in law will lay it on the ground and Morgan will lay on it roll around, trace her fingers on the spiderweb embroidery, she'll sit and play on there for a half hour but when its time to go she screams, and when Morgan screams she holds her breathe to the point you think she'll pass out. She has been a huge blessing. I love being a mom.....most days.
Besides my wonderful daughter, Jacob and I were able to go through the hellacious process of buying a home which we got to live in for 3 months. After a month of living there, Jacob lost his job. So because of the economy Jacob wasn't able to find a job in Utah so we looked in Washington and he was able to find one. We rented out our home to a college student, unfortunately she hasn't been able to make rent so theres a chance we're going to lose our home. We're trying to get it current, which we think we're going to be able to do, but if things don't get better we're most likely going to have to sell it, which will be pricey. And of course when finances are stressful it makes a marriage hard. So we've struggled, and fought and been at our whits end.
I also had an emergency room visit because I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. I spent twelve hours in the hospital, had 7 rooms, and one surgery. I am now getting my bills, without the physician expenses, our tab is up to $34,000. Ouch

But all in the end... my husband and my daughter is the very reason why I'm still here. I watch a show with Reba McIntire called... ironically..REBA!! In her intro song she sings..
"I'm a Mom who works too hard who will loves her kids and never stop, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I'm a survivor."

I'm a survivor, its hard to be strong through these hard times, and if it wasn't for my husband and child I wouldn't have been strong enough to survive this.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are a survivor and you are strong. Love you!

John and Danielle Corrigan said...

Aww Krystal! :-( Hard times are no fun. But we can do hard things, we are awesome! Miss you.